Essiac is a combination of herbs which are considered to have great benefits to the immune system. These dried herbs are brewed to make tea. The herbs which mainly make up Essiac include Sheep sorrel, burdock root, slippery elm inner bark and Indian Rhubarb root. When used together, these herbs are considered to help boost the immune system.
Essiac was discovered by a nurse named Rene Caisse in 1922. Caisse learnt about this formula from a Canadian Ojibwa Indian. In 1924, Nurse Caisse opened a clinic and used her herbal formula on her patients. She named the product Essiac, which was her last name spelled backwards.
The main roles of Essiac products are to help support the immune system and to help detoxify the body. The body is prone to viruses and bacteria. However, our immune system can fight for us and prevent the body from succumbing to infections. These products basically help to maintain a healthy immune system.
Essiac is available in three forms. You can buy the Essiac powder and then mix it to prepare herbal tea. You can also consider taking the capsules. Essiac must be taken consistently in order to maximize its benefits. You can consider following the Essiac program to ensure proper guidance on the dosage and use of its products. Essiac can also be used by dogs and cats. There are Essiac capsules for pets which also help support the immune system.
There are a number of instructions which must be followed when using Essiac products. For instance, they should not be used by nursing and pregnant mothers. Essiac should not be given to infants. The herbs work best on an empty stomach, which is why you shouldn’t take any food an hour before or after consuming Essiac.
Unopened Essiac products will last up to two years. However, once opened, the capsules or powder may maintain freshness for approximately 5 weeks. Essiac herbs can be taken indefinitely without adverse effects. You can buy these products from a number of sites online and in health food stores that sell dietary supplements.
A lot of people around the world today seem to be turning to traditional herbal medicines. When you are talking about traditional herbal medicine as a whole it’s probably important to define what exactly are they? The best way to explain what traditional herbal medicine in general is – it would be considered a practice […]
[ read more... ]
A lot of people around the world today seem to be turning to traditional herbal medicines. When you are talking about traditional herbal medicine as a whole it’s probably important to define what exactly are they?
The best way to explain what traditional herbal medicine in general is – it would be considered a practice that is associated with having similar effects as modern medicine, while not necessarily always having proven results by the scientific community.
For years the scientific community has been divided on traditional herbal medicine. Sometimes you might hear of high level medical practitioners being opposed to certain traditional herbal medicines, and other times you might hear of a very well respected medical professional who is very much in favour of a particular traditional herbal medicine product. As society’s knowledge in areas such as nutrition and health as a whole continues to increase (and of course with the advent of the internet) a lot of people are now beginning to undertake their own research online into what exactly works and what does not.
When you consider the very well known herbal product known as Essiac for example, there certainly can be some benefits in its use. Like a lot of traditional herbal medicines the exact definition of what makes up Essiac can vary. In its common form (original formula), it is understood to contain burdock, indian rhubarb, sheep sorrel, and slippery elm bark. Other compositions, known as counterfeits, can also include watercress, blessed thistle, red clover, and kelp. This brilliant traditional herbal medicine can be effective in helping to support the immune system.
There is no doubt that traditional herbal medicine overall can have wonderful benefits for a person’s general health and well bring. Having said that it is important to note that while traditional herbal medicines can have fantastic benefits for a person’s overall health; it is always advisable and recommended to speak to your doctor before you start taking such products.
One thing is for sure products like Essiac are certainly here to stay as an option in traditional herbal medicines. We are now living in a time where people are becoming more health conscious than ever, and with the rapid rise of the internet in the last decade people now have information at their fingertips. This trend looks set to continue in the coming years which can only be a very positive thing, with more people looking after their overall health and well being.
Although still today when it comes to traditional herbal medicines there is a lot of debate between different people within different areas of the medical industry on the real benefits and scientific proof that goes along to back these benefits. There is no doubt that the thousands of testimonials and stories from people all around the world must surely have some merit.
ESSIAC is an herbal formula which has been around for centuries, yet was made popular by the famous Nurse Rene Caisse. The product has since been marketed all over the world, as an immune system support supplement. But what is great about ESSIAC is the story behind it. Rich in history, the ESSIAC story is […]
[ read more... ]
ESSIAC is an herbal formula which has been around for centuries, yet was made popular by the famous Nurse Rene Caisse. The product has since been marketed all over the world, as an immune system support supplement. But what is great about ESSIAC is the story behind it. Rich in history, the ESSIAC story is briefly summarized in this post. With the popularity of ESSIAC products continuing to grow, it’s interesting to learn more about the long tradition of the formula.
ESSIAC originated with the Ojibway Indians in Canada. Rene Caisse discovered the formula after coming into contact with an Ojibway herbalist, who made the concoction with four local herbs: Sheep Sorrel, Burdock, Slippery Elm, and Indian Rhubarb. The ESSIAC herbs were cooked and combined in such a way that made them even more potent than the herbs themselves. The herbalist offered to teach nurse Rene the method of making the formula, and nurse Caisse began to create it herself and administer it to her patients. The combination made nurse Caisse famous throughout the area, many people travelling for miles to have the opportunity to receive ESSIAC. ESSIAC was, as all true ESSIAC still is today, made with only the original four, organically grown herbs. It’s also important to note that ESSIAC is made only in Canada, for true authenticity. ESSIAC’s history is Canadian, and the product itself is truly Canadian, through and through.
What was also so special about the ESSIAC story, is that Rene Caisse was so selfless, with her formulas and with herself. She never charged for her services, and helped thousands of patients throughout the years, opening her humble home to each of them. Rene’s only source of income were donations, though her patients often had little to nothing to spare. Throughout her life, she drifted below the poverty line, finding her riches in the service she gave to others. She was a hero to many, and her legacy still lives on today through the products that hold her namesake.
The full story of Rene Caisse’s life and work is told in a book by James M. Demers entitled, “Bridge of Hope.” The book details her services to patients, and gives more background on the woman that started the ESSIAC revolution. But we mustn’t forget the true root of the ESSIAC formula that is now known internationally: the Ojibway Indians and their kind gesture of passing on the recipe to Nurse Caisse to help the masses.
We are delighted to offer our customers monthly discounts. For August we are having a SALE! On Essiac Extract. So what is the deal? $2.00 off on EVERY bottle of ESSIAC Extract! Limited time offer! Coupon code: August2013 Order online today: https://www.essiacproducts.com/secureorder
[ read more... ]
We are delighted to offer our customers monthly discounts. For August we are having a SALE! On Essiac Extract. So what is the deal?
$2.00 off on EVERY bottle of ESSIAC Extract! Limited time offer!
Coupon code: August2013
Order online today: https://www.essiacproducts.com/secureorder
Essiac herbs have been used since 1922 by Nurse Rene Caisse. The herbs have essential ingredients to help support the immune system. Essiac products come in different forms. You can get the herbal powder, herbal capsules or even herbal tonics (extract). You may consider the Essiac Vegicaps which are readily available in the market. These […]
[ read more... ]
Essiac herbs have been used since 1922 by Nurse Rene Caisse. The herbs have essential ingredients to help support the immune system. Essiac products come in different forms. You can get the herbal powder, herbal capsules or even herbal tonics (extract).
You may consider the Essiac Vegicaps which are readily available in the market. These are capsules which can stay fresh for longer than the powder and extract formulas. The capsules are made from the original Essiac herbs and they are very ideal when you are travelling. The Essiac Vegicaps should be consumed on an empty stomach, that is, no food an hour before or after taking the capsules. They should never be given to infants.
You can also consider the Essiac extract formula which is very easy to prepare because there is no mixing required. This concoction is also taken on an empty stomach and cannot be consumed by pregnant or nursing mothers. Infants are also not allowed to take Essiac products. The Essiac extract can last for two years if the bottle is not opened. However, an opened Essiac extract bottle can only sustain its freshness for approximately two weeks. Remember that it is important to follow a consistent regime if you want to maximize the benefits from taking Essiac products.
You can also consider the Essiac powder which once prepared, tastes like herbal tea. After preparing the powder, you can sweeten it with honey. The tea is prepared by mixing Essiac powder with clean water and then boiling it while stirring occasionally. The solution is removed from heat after 10 minutes and allowed to stand for 4 hours in order to enhance its potency. It is boiled again for 5 minutes and then removed from heat. It is then placed in a clean container and covered overnight. It can be refrigerated but should never be allowed to freeze.
Essiac can also be used by pets, that is, cats and dogs. The Essiac formula that is made for pets is in capsule form. These capsules can be given to pets with a small amount of food or juice for ease of consumption. The capsules are more effective if given to pets an hour before or after meal
If you wonder whether Essiac can benefit your pet, you will be pleased to learn that it does. You should take care of your pet the same way you would a family member. Essiac has been known to be of benefit to the immune system of humans as well as pets. However, the recommended dosage […]
[ read more... ]
If you wonder whether Essiac can benefit your pet, you will be pleased to learn that it does. You should take care of your pet the same way you would a family member. Essiac has been known to be of benefit to the immune system of humans as well as pets. However, the recommended dosage for pets is different from that recommended for humans. This difference is mainly attributed to difference in body weight. The capsules can be given with a small amount of chicken or beef broth to help facilitate consumption. Essiac for Pets is most effective when taken 1 hour before or after meals.
Essiac is beneficial to your pet in many ways. Your pet’s immune system is going to be reinforced if you give it Essiac tea.
Boosting the immune system to ensure healthy levels is important to your dog and cat’s wellness. Boosting your animal’s immune system promotes healthy well-being. By giving your pet Essiac in the form of capsules, you will help to build their immune system.
Pets are a wonderful life companion and it is important to take care of their well-being as you would with a human companion. Having something that you can give them yourself such as Essiac capsules is a great comfort for many pet owners. You have to make use of nature’s finest provision.
With the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, it’s sometimes hard to take time for ourselves. Tall skyscrapers and modern developments are common sights, and we often neglect to make our way into the natural world. Many people look out their windows and find it hard to see trees or grass or flowers while […]
[ read more... ]
With the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, it’s sometimes hard to take time for ourselves. Tall skyscrapers and modern developments are common sights, and we often neglect to make our way into the natural world. Many people look out their windows and find it hard to see trees or grass or flowers while some people live in areas dense with Mother Nature’s offerings. Regardless of your situation, it is important that we all take time to truly enjoy nature and the peacefulness it brings. Getting outside to a remote area can have a major impact on the way we feel and therefore our overall well-being. Below are some simple activities you can enjoy in the open air.
1. Hiking: Hiking is not only an enjoyable activity, it is a great way to get necessary exercise and a dose of nature. Most areas have trails to traverse or nature parks you can roam around in and increase your health while basking in the fresh air. Pack a picnic lunch to have along your walk and/or a camera to take beautiful pictures of the scenery. Some locations may have mountains or hills that will not only provide a wonderful view, but will give you an even better workout.
2. Bird watching: Bird watching is something that is most successful in a solitary environment, which is why it’s very relaxing. The activity is simple and all you need is patience and binoculars. Many people also bring cameras if they wish to document the birds, or a guide with information on the different types of flying friends and the best areas to find them in. Bird watching is a great excuse to get outside and take advantage of all the elements in nature. Because it’s best executed in complete silence, it is also a great way to practice focus and to learn how to be peaceful.
3. Camping: Camping is something many of us have had the pleasure of experiencing at some point in our lives. This activity allows you to spend time outdoors in simple surroundings, using only basic necessities to operate. The extent of your camping lifestyle is up to you- you can be as primitive as you like, or even turn your trip into something luxurious. What you make of it is your decision, however the whole concept revolves around the fact that you’re spending time in the wilderness and getting away from the normal pace of life. Leave your cell phones and other gadgets at home and look at camping as the perfect opportunity to escape from technology and focus only on the present. Releasing your ties and changing your priorities will open a new train of thought that will be rewarding, and a perfect time for inner growth.
4. Canoeing: Canoeing is great because it takes place on water and therefore has many elements that aid in creating a peaceful atmosphere. Because a canoe does not operate on a motor engine, it is quiet as it glides through the water and it drifts with ease. You control the speed of the canoe with your own body movements, and it’s a great way to build your upper body strength. The water offers a different prospective on your location, one that you don’t normally see when you’re on land. Not only are you likely to see underwater life, but also the plants and animals that reside in the areas near water. Since the water is not as populated with trees, leaves and other things that can distract your vision, it provides a clearer vantage from which to observe. All animals need water, so don’t be surprised if you encounter some on your voyage!
5. Gardening: Gardening is great because it can be done in the comfort of your yard. All it takes is an area that can sustain plant life, some plants, a few tools and your patience. Even though your backyard may not be as remote as some of the natural habitats, it’s a great way to access nature when you may not have the means or time to travel elsewhere. If you look closely, nature can be found most places, and creating a garden that you can enjoy will aid in making your own yard a natural attraction. The different things you plant will attract different birds, insects and animals, so you will have an array of wildlife to look at. Whenever life gets to be too hectic, you can simply step outside your door and enjoy something beautifully simple and wonderfully unrefined.
Regardless of who you are and what you do, everyone needs a break from time to time. The best way to escape is often making your way into the wilderness where there’s solitude. In the natural world, there’s no phones ringing or emails being sent- there’s just sounds of rushing water, winds whistling through the trees and birds singing their joyful songs.
Wellness isn’t just a physical trait, wellness is a state of mind; a state of being. To achieve true wellness is to become the best version of yourself you can be, inside and out. Doing so will lead to other benefits such as a longer, healthier life, happiness, and prosperity. Your road to the life […]
[ read more... ]
Wellness isn’t just a physical trait, wellness is a state of mind; a state of being. To achieve true wellness is to become the best version of yourself you can be, inside and out. Doing so will lead to other benefits such as a longer, healthier life, happiness, and prosperity. Your road to the life you desire doesn’t have to begin with a vow of silence or a retreat to an Indian ashram, there are small things you can do in your everyday life that will improve the way you look, the way you operate, and above all- the way you feel. Here are just a few of the many things that can aid in your well being.
1. Eat Plenty of Organic Fruits and Vegetables: Your mother was right when she wouldn’t let you leave the dinner table without finishing your Brussels sprouts and broccoli! Vegetables are key components in a healthy lifestyle. Packed with essential vitamins and nutrients, fruit and vegetables give your body the nourishment it needs to perform its best. Organic foods are produced using limited synthetic materials and therefore, these foods are purer. The benefits of adding fruits and vegetables to your diet are limitless. Some of the most common fruits and veggies offer great advantages. For example, blueberries are packed with vital antioxidants and therefore help boost immunity and also help restore youthfulness, among many other things. There is a whole world of delicious fruits and veggies out there, each with their own advantages, ready to be picked and eaten! Dive in and enjoy these yummy treats while getting healthier in the process.
2. Exercise: It’s no surprise that today’s culture struggles with problems brought on by inactivity and overeating. When you don’t burn as many calories as you ingest, it is inevitable that you will gain weight, and this can lead to some dire consequences. Staying active and exercising not only helps in maintaining a healthy weight, it also releases your body’s endorphins, which in turn make you feel happier and more energized. Implementing a fitness regimen that incorporates cardiovascular and weight training will help your heart stay healthy and your body stay toned and agile.
3. Meditation: The act of meditating is often overlooked because it focuses on the spiritual needs of a person. To meditate is to think deeply for an extended period of time or to focus on looking within yourself in order to gain insight into your own sense of being. It is a very personal experience and, if done correctly, has the power to transport you to a world of complete relaxation. As remarked earlier, wellness is an all-inclusive concept and to be truly healthy, you must nourish your body as well as your mind. The wonderful thing about meditating is that it encourages an individualized approach. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to meditation, because no one can dictate your thoughts, which is why part of the joy in the exercise is finding a ritual that works for you.
There are a variety of needs that a person must satisfy before achieving total health or wellness. Some may even argue that such a victory is impossible. However, one thing that’s for sure is that everyone is accountable for their own lives, and to take ownership and become proactive is the first step in ensuring that the life you lead is healthy, prosperous and happy.