2-4 ounces (60-120 ml) twice daily
- No food 1 hour before and after consuming ESSIAC®
- No juices 30 minutes before and after consuming ESSIAC®
- Not to be taken during pregnancy, by nursing mothers or infants
Frequently asked questions:
How do I prepare the ESSIAC® Powder formula?
- Add one bottle of ESSIAC® to 88 fl oz (approx. 2.5 liters) of water in a covered vessel. Use filtered, distilled or spring water. Use stainless steel or glassware. Do not use an aluminium vessel.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
- Remove from heat, keep covered and let stand for 4 hours to increase potency.
- Bring to a boil again and then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep covered during this process.
- Remove from heat. Scald, or dishwasher clean, a tall narrow container and pour in the ESSIAC®. Cover, refrigerate and let stand overnight to increase potency. A small amount of sediment may be present in the final ESSIAC® tea. Keep refrigerated. Do not freeze or microwave.
How much does the ESSIAC® Powder formula make?
One bottle (1.5 oz) of ESSIAC® Powder makes approx. 72 fl oz (2 liters) of ESSIAC®.
How long will one bottle last?
One bottle will last 1-2 weeks, depending on the daily intake.
How long will the ESSIAC® Powder formula keep?
Unopened bottled ESSIAC® Powder formula will keep for approximately two years. Once the ESSIAC® has been prepared, it will retain its potency and freshness for approximately 6 weeks, stored in the refrigerator.
What does it taste like?
ESSIAC® tastes like an herbal tea. The ESSIAC® powder formula may be sweetened with honey, if desired.